Artist 2020 Tax FAQs

January 07, 2020

Greetings, boss babes! We hope the New Year has been treating you well Tax season is almost upon us, so we wanted to give you a little heads up with some important updates coming your way. See below for some FAQs, and don't hesitate to contact ASK if you have any further questions.

Who will get a tax form?

All US artists who earned over $600 in commission in 2019 will receive a 1099 form by Jan 31st.

All Canada artists who earned more than $500 CAD in sales in 2019 will receive a T4A Slip by Jan 31st.

*Please note, we will not provide US 1099 forms for those who earned less than $600 in US commission or CAN T4A forms for those that earned less than $500 CAD in sales.

How will I receive the tax form?

They will only be sent via email, so please be sure to confirm the email listed in your back office is correct.

When will the 2020 tax forms be ready?

You will receive your 1099 through email by Jan 31st, 2020.

Do I need to do anything if I made under $600?

We are only required to provide a tax form if an artist made over $600 in commission in the US and $500 in sales in Canada. For any other tax questions please consult your tax professional.

Where can I find my YTD numbers?

If you want to find your YTD total income, you can download your commission payouts from your Paylution account. Please reach out to ASK if you have any additional questions.

Who should I contact if I didn't receive my tax forms by Jan. 31st, 2020?

Please reach out to ASK and they can help!